Sunday, November 10, 2013

You may "hitRECord"

My first hitRECord experience



The other day I had the opportunity to join actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt and help capture and contribute to a monologue he was filming for an upcoming episode of his "variety show" that revolves around hitRECord. If you have not yet heard about hitRECord let me catch you up. HitRECord is a website where anyone can go on a collaborate with one another to create these amazing projects. When you get on the website you can find some pretty amazing pieces of work along with some pretty inspiring artist of all kinds. I am a photographer so I took a lot of photos of the event I attended which was revolved around the premise of fantasy. 

Everyone that came was supposed to wear something fantastical and have a mask, and as with every hitRECord event we all needed to bring our recording devices whether that meant a fancy camera or just your cell phone. We got to watch Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) do a couple takes of his opening monologue for the show and then we got to sing a song and do a little dancing and that was that. Even though I didn't get to truly interact with Joe it was an amazing time and event. I walked away getting some pretty cool shots of the whole experience. 

I suggest if you are an artist of any kind whether that means you are a photographer like me or videographer or writer or illustrator or even just an editor you need to check out hitRECord. It is so cool to be able to come together with others to create something amazing and sometimes your work is even published and shown to millions. Check out the website today! http://www.hitrecord.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment