Thursday, March 7, 2013

American Idol top 10 predictions

Who will make it to the top 10 on American Idol??


Tonight is the night we find out who will make it to the top ten on American Idol and make to the LA live shows. Usually they start the live shows with around 15 people and and we vote down to 12 and those people go on the summer tour, but this year it is very different. The judges have got it down to ten girls and ten boys and now the top five of each group that america voted on make it to LA and do the summer tour. Many have complained that there is not nearly as much talent this year as previous ones which is true to some extent but there are some stand out contenders this year that will probably make it pretty far. Here are my predictions for who I think will be making it to the top ten tonight. 

Top 5 girls 
1. Kree Harrison, this girl has a sad and touching background story (which always does well for people on AI for some reason) and her voice is very raw and emotional. She is my favorite girl on the show. 
2. Candice Glover, she has a very soulful voice and has come close to making it into the live shows before which shows that she has a lot of talent. I think she will be a favorite. 
3. Angela Miller, after singing an original song on the piano during Hollywood week she has been doing really well and is very good at what she does. I think even if she doesn't make it super far in the show I think she will have a career in music after idol. 
4. Amber Holcomb, she isn't the best singer on the show but I feel like she is starting to stand out more as the weeks go on. 
5. My fifth spot is a toss up and I think it could be either Janelle Arthur (because American Idol fans always seem to like a country artist) or maybe Adriana Latonio.

Top 5 guys
1. Curtis Finch Jr., this guy sings and brings everyone to tears. He is just amazing and can hit notes that no one else on the show can. I think he might make it to the end. 
2. Burnell Taylor, he has a great story with dealing with Hurricane Katrina and has already gone threw an amazing transformation with his weight loss since the show has started. To add to that he has such a unique and amazing voice that is great to listen to. I think he should get far in the show. He is my favorite guy in the competition. 
3. Devin Velez, he is a wonderful singer and has done songs in both English and Spanish multiple times now that makes him very popular. I think he will make it far.  
Spots 4 and 5 are much harder for me to pick from the guys. I feel like are a couple left that are for sure no's and then there are a couple that are good and just might make it in. I could see Elijah Liu, Paul Jolley, and Nick Boddington possibly making it to LA. 

Tonight we will find out if my picks are anywhere close to how america feels about the American Idol competition this year. I think I can say my top two for both the guys and the girls are for sure going to make it. I just hope everyone steps up their game as the weeks go on. Who is your favorite idol of the season so far?? 

1 comment:

  1. Devin rocks!! I want to see him, Kree, Angie, Candice, and Amber make it through. Not too hot on any of the others.

    ReplyDelete