Monday, March 18, 2013

"Beasts Of The Southern Wild" Review

My Review Of "Beasts of the Southern Wild" 


"Beasts of the Southern Wild" was an interesting movie, the story surrounded a little girl who lives with her father in whats known as the bath tub. They live outside New Orleans from what I gather with others who all live in little trailers and other interesting items near the water. They live a life carefree and fun basically away from civilization and like it that way. We get to see them struggle when a storm comes rolling in and they get taken back to the city. 


This movie wasn't one of my favorites of 2012 by any means but it was amazing to watch such a young actress give such an emotional and raw performance. Quvenzhané Wallis ended up getting an Oscar nomination for her performance in the film and I don't think it will be the last time she is nominated. If you like raw and interesting movies I would say see it, but if you like something that leaves you with a happy feeling and smile on your face I would say this isn't the movie for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment