Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oscar Nominations

85th Annual Academy Award Nominations

Just a little while ago the Oscar nominations were announced. Yesterday I put in my predictions for best picture (with a few other predictions in there) and I got 6 out 9 right. And the nominees are.....

Best Picture
-Amour 
-Argo
-Beasts of the Southern Wild
-Django Unchained
-Les Miserables
-Life of Pi
-Lincoln
-Silver Linings Playbook
-Zero Dark Thirty 

















Best Lead Actor
-Bradley Cooper "Silver Linings Playbook" 
-Daniel Day Lewis "Lincoln"
-Hugh Jackman "Les Miserables"
-Joaquin Phoenix "The Master"
-Denzel Washington "Flight"
















Best Lead Actress 
-Jessica Chastain "Zero Dark Thirty" 
-Jennifer Lawrence "Silver Linings Playbook"
-Emmanuelle Riva "Amour"
-Quvenzhane Wallis "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (This little girl is the youngest nominee at only 9 years old.)
-Naomi Watts "The Impossible"













Best Supporting Actor
-Alan Arkin "Argo"
-Robert Di Niro "Silver Linings Playbook"
-Philip Seymour Hoffman "The Master"
-Tommy Lee Jones "Lincoln"
-Christoph Waltz "Django Unchained" 














Best Supporting Actress
-Amy Adams "The Master"
-Sally Field "Lincoln"
-Anne Hathaway "Les Miserables"
-Helen Hunt "The Sessions"
-Jacki Weaver "Silver Linings Playbook"















Now over the next couple weeks I will be watching the nominated films and giving my reviews. When we get closer to award night I will be making my predictions on who I think the winners will be. Can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment