Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Oscars Predictions

Oscar nomination predictions 

Tomorrow we will be hearing Seth McFarlane and Emma Stone announce the coveted nominations for the 85th Academy Awards. Before they do this I figured I would make some predictions for the movies I think will be nominated for Best Picture based on the buzz surrounding so many great movies over the past year, and we shall see how many I got right. 

First we have the given "Les Miserables". It has such a dramatic story line and is shot with such beauty I do not see the Academy not nominating this film. With such an outstanding cast I would not be surprised to see Hugh Jackman or Anne Hathaway get nominations for their acting as well. 















Steven Spielberg is such a great movie maker that just seeing the preview of the movie you are taken back in time and to a different place. The movie looks like it does a great job telling the story of Lincoln. I could see Daniel Day Lewis being nominated and maybe even winning another Oscar. 













"Django Unchained" has brought so many emotions and opinions from everyone that I see the academy paying attention to this Tarantino gem. Though the movie is bloody and violent the story is good and you go on a wild ride watching it unfold. I can see Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio getting possible actor nominations. 













This Ben Affleck directed film has been getting nothing but praise from what I have seen. Being based off a true story and being told very well I think "Argo" could be nominated as well for best picture. Ben Affleck might even get a best director nod. 










"Zero Dark Thirty" takes us behind what it was like to be looking for and finding Osama Bin Laden which as American's I think we all are interested in to some extent. The way it is shot and with the characters in it, it gives me a "Homeland" vibe which is always good. With the a story line like this I see why people are saying it will be nominated for an Oscar. Especially being directed and written by the same people who won best picture in 2010 with "The Hurt Locker" I can see why they might get gold again. 







I feel like the academy always likes to throw in a picture that is not as well known and a little more outside the box. When "Moonrise Kingdom" came out there was quite a buzz about it and they have such an all star  cast I can see how it could be a good movie. We will see if the academy thinks this movie is best picture worthy.













Finally we have "Silver Linings Playbook", from the previews this movie didn't seem like it would do to well but many are praising it and saying it is great. I keep hearing that Jennifer Lawrence steals the movie and is amazing in it. Because of all the buzz around it I think it too might be nominated for best picture. 















Mind you out of all of these movies I have only seen "Django Unchained", but after tomorrow when we know who the actual best pictures nominees are I will do what I do every year and I will try to see as many of the films as I can so I can have a better opinion on which film I think should take home the coveted trophy on the night of February 24th. I will be back tomorrow to announce who the nominees are. 



No comments:

Post a Comment