Monday, January 28, 2013

Re-cap Of The SAG Awards

Fun At The SAG Awards


Last night there was some great moments and fashion at 19th annual SAG Awards. I had a couple favorite looks last night from the guys and the gals. 

The usual guys looked handsome last night including Bradley Cooper and James Marsden who looked great in the classic suit and bow tie. Justin Timberlake decided to be a little different and wear a plaid suit and tie. He also debuted his new hair style which is one of his best so far. Everyone can agree that Jessica Chastain looked fantastic in red last night compared to her Golden Globe look. I loved Marion Cotillard, she was so simple and elegant. I loved her clean hair style and the fact that her dress had pockets.


One of the big color trends of the night was navy blue. I blame the rainy weather for the inspiration, but whatever it was I think the women looked stunning in the color. My favorite look of the night was Jennifer Lawrence. For a woman who has walking pneumonia and has been sick for a while now she still looked amazing. 


Many of the awards given out last night were given to the favorites of the category like Daniel Day-Lewis winning for his performance in "Lincoln" while actresses like Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence one for there critically acclaimed performances as well. The cast of "Modern Family" rightfully won for best ensemble cast of a television comedy which was great since that show is by far one of the funniest on the air and each member of that cast plays an equal role to achieve that outcome. There were some surprises though like best performance of an ensemble cast of a drama series, I thought "Homeland" would take it since there is so much talent on that show and they seem to be a favorite these days but "Downton Abbey" took the honors instead. By far the biggest surprise for me of the night was who won best performance of a cast in a motion picture. I thought it could have gone to "Les Miserables" since there are so many amazing people in that movie, or "Lincoln" because I mean how do you beat Daniel Day-Lewis, Tommy Lee Jones, and Sally Field, or even "Silver Linings Playbook" due to there many actor Oscar nominations, but no I was wrong. 

The honor went to the cast of "Argo"! This movie keeps taking home award after award and seems to be shocking everyone while doing so. Because of this win I am seriously thinking we might be seeing Ben Affleck in a few weeks excepting the award for best picture at the Oscars. I have also heard that even though Ben was not nominated for best director he might be a written in vote for the award. Could you imagine if he wins both that night. We shall see what happens. All I know is I really need to see "Argo" and I suggest you do the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment