Monday, January 6, 2014

"Frozen" review

Disney has another hit with "Frozen" 


The hit kids movie of the holiday season hands down has to go to the Disney movie "Frozen". Over the holiday break my family and I took the time to see the film and I must say we all agreed it was a fantastic film. The movie revolves around two princess sisters, Elsa and Anna of Arendelle and how their differences tear them apart but ultimately bring them back together. Princess Elsa has magical powers where she can create snow and ice using her hands while Anna does not have these powers. After a horrible accident Elsa is told at a young age to tell no one about these powers, including her sister, because they could get out of control and possibly cause harm. When the girls grow up and finally reunite Anna finds out Elsa's secret which causes Elsa to become so upset that she runs away and loses control making Arendelle go into an eternal winter. The rest of the movie takes us on Anna's journey to make things right with her sister and bring summer back to Arendelle. I have to say I feel like this movie was a little more musical than some Disney movies (which is saying something since most Disney movies are known for their music) but the music was great. I recommend anyone with kids to go see this movie and you will not regret it. To prove my point, this movie came out around Thanksgiving and was just number one at the box office this past weekend. I will say without a doubt this movie will be nominated for best animated film at the Oscars and will win the prize (as Disney movies usually do). I can't wait till it comes out on DVD so my family can watch it again. To give you a sneak peek at how cute and funny this movie is along with the great songs I want you to check out two of my favorite scenes from the movie. Here is the adorable snowman Olaf singing about how much he loves summer.


And here is the amazing Idina Menzel (who does the voice of Elsa) singing the song "Let it Go" which is getting a lot of buzz. Enjoy! (and go see "Frozen")



No comments:

Post a Comment