Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014 Golden Globe Predictions

Who will win at tomorrow nights Golden Globes??


It is that amazing time of year again....... award season! This is the time where we get to see the best of the best in the world of acting come together and celebrate another year of amazing performances. This year has been a little more up in the air than last year as far as a favorite in each category so I am going to give my predictions on who I think will be winning tomorrow night. 

Drama 
For best film drama I am thinking it is a toss up between "Gravity" with the amazing Sandra Bullock and the Tom Hanks film "Captain Phillips" with the possibility of "12 Years a Slave" taking the honor. As far as best actress goes I am saying Sandra Bullock will take it for her work in "Gravity". There are a lot of great names and performances in the best actor category but personally I will be rooting for Matthew McConaughey for his performance in "Dallas Buyers Club".

Comedy or Musical
I can honestly say for best film in the comedy or musical category I don't know who will win. All of the movies in the category have been getting such high praise that I could see any of them taking top honors. For best actress in a comedy or musical I think the legendary Meryl Streep will take it for her work in "August: Osage County". Best actor is another one where I feel anyone could take it and personally I would be happy with any of them winning. 

Best animated feature hands down will go to Disney's "Frozen" and that will be the case for this whole award season. I think best drama series will go to "Breaking Bad" with Bryan Cranston winning best actor for the show as well. I think Modern Family will take best comedy series for another year. 

This year we get to see the lovely and hilarious duo of  Amy Poehler and Tina Fey host again which means almost everyone will walk away going that was a good show. These two were so funny and did such a good job last year hosting the Golden Globes a lot of people were throwing their name out there for hosting duties at the Oscars. All in all I think it is going to be a great night and a good show and I can't wait to see who wins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment