Monday, November 16, 2015

Saying Farewell to One Direction

Is this the official end of One Direction?


Last week One Direction put out it's latest album "Made in the A.M." which is also the first album the group has released since ex-member Zayn Malik left earlier this year. From this album they have already released two singles "Drag Me Down" and "Perfect" which I am obsessed with. The band just wrapped up their tour and have said that for the next year (or two) they will be on a hiatus where they can just relax and take some time for themselves, possibly including doing their own music. Now where have I heard this one before?? Oh yeah that's right 2002 when N'SYNC announced that they were just going to take a little break and do their own things and then they would come back and be better than ever. That was the end of N'SYNC. Lance tried to go to space, Joey did some theater and made "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", Chris didn't do much, JC tried to make it as a solo act and we all know what happened to Justin. One Direction is similar to N'SYNC I say and here's how. 


  Harry is clearly the Justin of the group and I have been saying that since I first saw them back in 2012. He just has that "it" thing that you need to be a solo act. Do I think he will be as big as Justin, heck no but I think he will have the most success out of the guys on his own that's for sure. He is a character as well which (like Justin) could lead him to do things like movies and succeeding at things like hosting SNL. I am excited to see what is next for Mr. Harry Styles. 







Liam I feel is the JC. I think he has great singing ability and could possibly do well on his own, but I don't know how well. I could see Liam doing really well at hosting something or maybe acting. I see after a few years Liam is likely to just settle down and start a family and be a normal guy. 








  Speaking of settling down and starting a family little Louis here is expecting his first child with stylist Briana Jungswirth. The two I'm pretty sure aren't a couple and have never really been, but they have decided to have their child and raise it together which is pretty cool but I could see this making Liam pick a job in LA doing something small and just being a domesticated dad. Maybe he will be a full-time judge on the "X-Factor" with the founder of One Direction Simon Cowell. I feel like all of these things make Louis the Joey of the group. 







Niall is the Lance of the group. I could see him creating his own thing and brand and doing something like that, but I don't see him having a solo career. Lance has a radio show and tons of other little projects and I think this is most likely what Niall's future looks like. Or I see him going back to Ireland and just golfing and living the good life.






We will see if any of my predictions come true about these boys. Even though they have announced their hiatus they have a slightly busy schedule right now and through the end of the year with the promotions for this latest album and a few concert appearances at events like "Jingle Ball" and the "American Music Awards" which airs this Sunday on ABC. I am actually on a wait list to see the guys perform on Jimmy Kimmel this week, but don't know if I will get tickets. I just have a feeling this might be one of the last times we will see the boys of One Direction perform together. Though I could be wrong they could be less N'SYNC and more BSB and go on forever because those guys are still making music and touring. We shall see!! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment