Friday, August 26, 2016

Top 5 Fall TV Programs

Top 5 things I am excited to watch this fall 

With fall right around the corner that means we are getting ready for new seasons of all of our favorite shows along with a bunch of new shows we get to start watching as well. With the climate of the world right now not being the most positive place I am much more of a comedy girl because these days because we all need a good laugh so you will notice that almost all of the shows are comedies. Here are my top five programs I am excited to check out this fall. 

1. "Better Late Than Never" This show is a hilarious looking reality show featuring four legends (Henry Winkler, Terry Bradshaw, William Shatner and George Foreman) as they travel across Asia. I know from the commercials and interviews that the guys get into some funny situations and eat some interesting foods for sure. It should be fun to watch. It debuted this past Tuesday on NBC.

"The Good Place" Another NBC show this one features funny girl Kristen Bell. The story behind this show is Bell dies and ends up in heaven through some kind of mix up and clearly is a little out of place. From the commercials it looks really funny. My favorite is seeing her try to curse even though she can't there so the f-word comes out as fork and bullsh*t is bullshirt. I hope there are even more funny parts to this show. This show premiers this September.

"The Great Outdoors" This show features Joel McHale as an adventure reporter who is put in charge as a manager of other digital journalist that are working on an outdoor lifestyle publication. One of the journalist will be played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse who is best known for playing McLovin in the hilarious comedy "Superbad". I am not going to lie seeing that Mintz-Plasse was in it is what made me think "I want to watch that" but I am hoping that the whole cast is very funny. "The Great Outdoors" will be on CBS starting in late October. 








"Man With a Plan" Also on CBS starting in late October is this family comedy staring Matt Leblanc as a stay-at -home dad while his wife goes back to work. I haven't heard a ton about this show, but I am just crossing my fingers that it feels like we are watching Joey Tribbiani if we saw him 12 years after "Friends" and he is now older and grey and settled down with the wife and kids. We will see if it is anything like that.









My last choice is more of a category than just one show, I am excited for the live musicals that will be put on this year by NBC and FOX. I feel like every year NBC is getting better and better with their live musicals and this year they are taking on one of my favorites, "Hairspray". They have a great cast including Kristen Chenoweth, Martin Short, Ariana Grande and dancing with the star alum Derek Hough. I think they are going to have another great show this year and I can't wait to see it this December. Over at FOX following their success of "Grease Live" they are doing

"Rocky Horror Picture Show" with Victoria Justice and Ryan McCartan in the staring roles of Janet and Brad and Laverne Cox as Dr. Frank-N-Furter. I am not as big of a fan of this musical as I am of the other, but I am still excited to see it live on FOX this October 20th. 





No comments:

Post a Comment