Friday, October 23, 2015

I'm back........ and I am talking Leo DiCaprio

Will this year be the year Leo walks away with the Oscar?


First things first let me just say after taking almost 2 years off from blogging I am coming back and I am also starting up a podcast as well so look out for that. My dream job is to be able to talk about my love of all things pop culture so I am out to make that a reality. Thanks for reading and your support.

Now on to two topics I love to talk about Leonardo DiCaprio and the Oscars. As the years go by we see such amazing work come from Leo ("The Wolf of Wall Street" "The Aviator") but still he has never won an Oscar for best actor. In 2014 many thought he had a good shot at winning with his great performance as Jordan Belfort in the wild movie " The Wolf of Wall Street" but he lost to the incredible performance from Matthew McConaughey in his film "The Dallas Buyer's Club". Well this year I see the same thing happening even though it sounds like Leo did a lot of crazy and scary things for his role in his latest movie "The Revenant". In his new movie Leo plays a fur trapper gets mauled by a bear and left for dead by the crew of men that were with him. The men that leave him also kill his son which is the driving force behind him tracking these men down and seeking revenge. From the trailer the movie looks very intense and I am sure it will receive it's own Oscar buzz. Leo recently did an interview talking about the crazy things he did for the movie such as swimming in freezing water, sleeping inside dead animals and eating raw bison liver. I feel like him telling everyone he did these things is almost like him saying "hey look at the crazy things I did, don't you think I should get an Oscar?". Though I am sure that beyond the things he did for the role he  probably does an amazing job at playing this character. Due to this I am sure he will land an Oscar nomination for best actor, but will he win?? 




I personally, just from hearing the little amount of Oscar buzz that is already happening and from the multiple previews I have seen I think I already know who will take home the Oscar for best actor..... Eddie Redmayne for his role in "The Danish Girl". The world is just starting to open it's eyes to the transgender community and to see someone play this role in such a powerful way I think Eddie will be the first actor since Tom Hanks to win back to back best actor Oscars, Hanks won in 1993 and 1994 for his roles in "Philadelphia" and "Forrest Gump".  I have a strong feeling the film "The Danish Girl" will also win for best picture. "The Danish Girl" will be in theaters on November 27 and "The Revenant" will come a little later on January 8. 


No comments:

Post a Comment