Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dancing With The Stars 16

Who will be dancing in Season 16?


Today we got to find out who will be staring on the 16th season of the ABC show "Dancing With The Stars". Like most seasons there are some people that we know are not going to do amazing and some we know are already front runners. Here are the pairings....

-US Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman will be dancing with Mark Ballas. She is already so athletic I think she will be easy to work with and a fast learner especially since Mark is such an amazing coach and knows how to push his partners just the right amount. I think she will finish top 3 if not win.

-Comedian Andy Dick will be dancing with Sharna Burgess. Andy Dick is not know for his serious or sane side so seeing him do something that is kind of serious and involves a great deal of discipline will be interesting for sure. With him being this way and being paired with a first time pro on the show I think his time on the show will be short lived for sure. 

-Comedian D.L. Hughley will be dancing with Cheryl Burke. I could see D.L. having some hidden moves and no one is better than helping him bring those out then Cheryl. She is such a great coach and has a great way of working with her partners. I think he will make it to at least the half way mark. 

-US Olympic skater Dorthy Hamill will be dancing with Tristan MacManus. Dorthy is one of the older contestants this year which is always hard when you have much younger competition  Being a skater could give her some help in the competition though. Tristan is a good coach so I am sure he will help her a lot. 

-Soap star Ingo Rademacher will be dancing with Kym Johnson. Kym is a great coach and I can see her making up some steamy dances with Ingo. I don't know what his dancing ability is but I am sure he will still make it further than others. 

-NFL player Jacoby Jones will be dancing with Karina Smirnoff. Coming off the high of winning the Superbowl I think Jacoby will be looking to win DWTS as well. I don't know if he has dancing ability but I see him being able to move. I am sure he will make it pretty far with Karina by his side. 

-Country star Kellie Pickler will be dancing with Derek Hough. Derek is one of the greatest coaches on the show and I think he is going to find Kellie's inner dancer and pull it out. I  can't imagine them going home early in the show unless she really can not dance. 

-Reality star Lisa Vanderpump will be dancing with new pro Gleb Savchenko. New pro paired with an older reality star, hmm I don't see it going well. Remember you need fan support and I don't see her having as much as many others. 

-Pro boxer Victor Ortiz will be dancing with new pro Lindsay Arnold. Ortiz is a a determined cutie that will fight to get to the end. I think he will work very hard to be a great dancer I just hope Lindsay is a good pro. 

-Country legend Wynonna Judd will be dancing with Tony Dovolani. Wynonna is also one of the oldest dancers on the show. I don't see her being a great dancer but Tony is an amazing coach so he could get her far. Even with Tony though I see them being out of the competition pretty early. 

-Disney star Zendaya Coleman will be dancing with Val Chmerkovsky. Ok this girl dances for a living so I am going to say right now she is going to make it to the last show. I know she will say but I have never done ballroom blah blah blah, I don't care she know the basics of dancing and knows how to move and is young. The only thing that worries me about this pairing is from what I have seen of Val (from last season) he can be overly sexy sometimes with his partners and this is a very young girl he is paired with. I think it will be interesting to watch but for sure she is making it very far in this competition. 

As you can see there are three new pro dancers this season and one fan favorite pro is missing, Maksim Chmerkovsky (Val's brother). He says he is going to explore other opportunities instead of come back to the show. This is not super surprising since Maks and the judges have had some disagreements in past seasons where you could see he was getting fed up with being there. He will be missed from the show though since he is an amazing dancer. The show is set to premier Monday March 18th at 8/7 c. I will be watching will you? 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched in quite a few years, I feel like they ran out of "stars". I think Dorothy will be a dark horse and do pretty well, as long as she is still in shape. I think DL Hughley will do better than expected. Like you said though, you need voter appeal.

    ReplyDelete