Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscar Predictions

My 2013 Oscar Predictions 


Tonight is the night all movie lovers have been waiting for, the 85th Academy Awards. Tonight we get to see who is wearing who on the red carpet, great performers like Adele and Barbara Streisand serenade us and most importantly who get to see who thanks the academy and gets to take Oscar home. I have a few predictions on who I think will be winning the Oscar tonight. 




Best Picture

I think this award will go to "Argo" for sure. All award season this movie and the man behind the movie (Ben Affleck) have been cleaning up award after award. This is a great movie and I think it deserves the win. If "Argo" does not win I hope "Silver Linings Playbook" takes it. The acting in that movie is great and the movie has so much heart that it would be nice to see them win as well. I think even though movies like "Lincoln" and "Les Miserables" and favorites by many I do not see these movies taking home the award for best picture tonight. 




Lead Actor 

I truly believe there is no doubt that many people, myself included, think that Daniel Day-Lewis will be taking home the best lead actor Oscar tonight for his performance as Abraham Lincoln in the movie "Lincoln". He became that character so much you truly believe he is Lincoln. This is not surprising since Daniel Day-Lewis is such an amazing actor. The world will be shocked if someone else walks away with this award tonight. 




Lead Actress 

This is a category where things are a lot closer. Personally I think (and hope) Jennifer Lawrence receives the award for her performance in "Silver Linings Playbook". Her performance is so raw and emotional as she expressed such a range of emotions through out the movie. Though I could see Jessica Chastain walking away with the award as well with her performance in "Zero Dark Thirty". We shall see which actress takes home the award. 





Supporting Actor 

The supporting actor category has many talented men in it (they have all taken home an Oscar before tonight) and they all had very strong performances. I personally would love to see Christoph Waltz take home the award for his performance in "Django Unchained". He is so amazing in that movie and that movie would have not been the same if someone else played the role of Dr. King Shultz. 






Supporting Actress 

Even though Anne Hathaway isn't in a great deal of the movie "Les Miserables" her haunting and emotional performance in the film I think will win her the Oscar for best supporting actress. Even though the other nominees were also good I just don't see any of them beating her for the Oscar. If someone else does take home the award I will be shocked. 








Other winners for the night 

I think it is pretty safe to say that Disney will win another Oscar t since three out of the five nominated animated films are Disney films. They also might win for best animated short film with the wonderful "Papaerman". I think Steven Spielberg will win for best director for "Lincoln". I would like to see Quentin Tarantino win for best original screenplay for "Django Unchained". I think Seth MacFarlane will do a great job as a host with being funny but not rude. And I think best dressed of the night will be Jennifer Lawrence who has looked amazing all award season. Can't wait to see how it all goes down tonight on ABC at 7pm E/ 4pm P. Watch along with me on twitter as I live tweet tonight @ebphotosJami and check back tomorrow to see what my top 10 highlights from the night are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment