Wednesday, April 10, 2013

See Ya Jay, Hello Jimmy

Next year it's bye Jay Leno, Hello Jimmy Fallon


Last week it was finally announced that next year in the spring Jay Leno will be retiring from doing the legendary "Tonight Show" and Jimmy Fallon will be taking over the spot. This is great news I feel since even though Jay is a late night legend I feel his time has been up for a while now so it will be nice to have some younger blood in the thick of the late night game. Especially since Jimmy Kimmel has moved up his time slot I am sure NBC and CBS were getting crushed with getting younger viewers to tune in. I think Kimmel will have a much harder time when it is a "Jimmy v. Jimmy" match. The sad news is the show is moving from the west coast back to the east and being born and raised in LA I think that stinks but I also don't want to see Jimmy move to LA and have a "Conan" happen to him (which still pisses me off to this day that Jay and NBC did that). All in all I am very excited to see Jimmy take over because I know he is going to continue to do an amazing job as a late night host. The real question we should all have is who is going to take over Jimmy's old time slot. Many names have been brought up and the one I love the most is having Seth Meyers from SNL have his own late night show. Being a huge SNL fan I think he would do great and I would tune in for sure. I guess we will see in 2014 what happens on NBC. 


No comments:

Post a Comment